Since we wish one another “Happy New Year!” thinking about happiness seemed like a good place to start 2018. I compiled a list of questions to guide my reflections, and even invited a few friends over to discuss them together.
Pick your favorite question and respond in the comments. I’d love to connect with you!
- Share a happy childhood memory.
- Which of your possessions make you feel happy? Which don’t?
- Describe your perfect happy day.
- Do you think others perceive you as happy? Why or why not?
- What changes have you made in life to increase your happiness? What changes could you make?
- Name 5 things guaranteed to make you smile.
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” –Dr. Seuss
What memory does this quote remind you of?
- Name some things you do regularly that increase your happiness. What do you do occasionally that increases your happiness?
- What obstacles get in the way of your happiness, and how do you handle them?
- When have you felt happiest recently?
- “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” –Jim Rohn (American businessman)
How are you designing (or not) your present happiness?
- What happiness do you add to others’ lives?
- Who do you admire for their happiness and why?
- What do you think is the key to your happiness?
- How do you balance what makes you happy now with what will make you happier in the long term?
- Why is it sometimes hard to do things you know will make you happier, and easier to do things you can expect to bring unhappiness?
- “There is only one happiness in this life: to love and be loved.” –George Sand
Who loves you toward happiness?
- Is happiness the same as joy? How would you define each?