Hi there, I’m Siv (“see-v”). Thanks for stopping by my blog, Miracles in the Mundane. How about a Friday introduction?
1. It’s been sixteen years this month since we moved from San Diego to the San Francisco Bay Area. I still can’t believe I’ve lived in this home longer than anywhere else (still longer in SoCal, but between multiple cities/residences).
2. A suburban gal, I have never lived in a big city.
3. I prefer to live within easy driving distance of a major city, like San Diego or San Francisco.
4. What draws me to the city: All the Culture (art, theater, music, architecture), food, and the ways big cities incorporate natural spaces
5. What I love about the suburbs: walkable neighborhoods, open space, quiet, and neighborly gatherings that don’t get too crowded
6. My nephew visited recently and we had a blast taking him to San Francisco destinations he’d heard about, including spots we’d never seen. Playing tourist near home makes me happy.
How about you: city dweller, suburbanite, or rural small town hero?
One more thing: I send out a monthly email newsletter to encourage you to have hope, seek beauty, and live joyfully – wherever you are. The September issue drops next Friday. May I add you to the list? Send me your email and I’ll get right on it!
If you’re already on the list, would you please encourage someone else to jump in? Thanks!