What a week! One kid had a day off school while the other, too far away, landed in the ER with a mystery illness. Rain on and off, dogs didn’t get enough exercise, and I had sleepless nights and a migraine for days.
Still, as Kelly Corrigan reminds us, life is like that. And, as Seth Godin writes:
Beginning is underrated
With inadequate preparation, because you will never be fully prepared.
With imperfect odds of success, because the odds are never perfect.
Begin. With the humility of someone who’s not sure, and the excitement of someone who knows that it’s possible.
So, we begin. And we keep on. One foot in front of the other.
Things for which I’m thankful:
- C19’s health seems to be improving…?
- Q13 diving into a book I loved (Moon Over Manifest, BTW).
- Library books. I’ve been to the library three out of three days. Some wins, some losses, so many yet to be discovered.
- Consistency in important arenas, like Bible reading & my gratitude journal.
- A break in the rain and headache pain to walk the energetic pooches.
- The geniuses who thought through leash-splitters, Soda Stream to sparkle tap water, and at-home shiatsu back massagers.
- Verdant green grass and patches of blue sky.
- A night to cozy up at home, the weekend coming, and family who will be visiting.
And you? What are you thankful for this week?